The program committee is busy arranging an interesting lineup for the Fall 2016 period. The lineup is below.
- SEPTEMBER MEETING: The first meeting is scheduled for Thursday September 22nd at 7 p.m. Our guest speaker is Debra Komar, who was a forensic anthropologist. She will speak on what a forensic anthropologist does. Debra has also written a number of true crime books dealing with historical cases in Canada. Her latest book is entitled “Black River Road: an Unthinkable Crime, an Unlikely Suspect, and the Question of Character.” Copies will be available for sale. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETING IS IN THE RICHMOND ROOM (second floor, Ottawa City Hall).
This meeting is also your first chance to pay your dues for the 2016-17 period. Most of the members renew at this time. Please come. Either Elizabeth (CCW treasurer) or I will be happy to take your money. There will also be a brief discussion at the start of the meeting on a couple of business items.
- OCTOBER MEETING: Scheduled for Wednesday October 12, 7 pm. THIS MEETING IS IN THE COLONEL BY ROOM (our regular room). Speaker arrangements are in progress.
- NOVEMBER MEETING: Scheduled for Monday, November 7, 6:15-8:15. Takes place at the Alta Vista Branch, Ottawa Public Library (2516 Alta Vista Drive) The program is entitled “A Quick Killing: Writing the Mystery Short Story”. Our Speaker is CCW friend Melanie Fogel, who edited STORYTELLER: CANADA’S SHORT STORY MAGAZINE. Melanie is currently involved with triptychtales.net.
- DECEMBER MEETING: Scheduled for Wednesday December 14. We meet at a restaurant, enjoy dinner and an after dinner speaker. Our speaker is R.J. Harlick, long time CCW member and author of the Meg Harris mystery series. More details to follow
- AUTHOR READING OF INTEREST: Mark Leslie, author of “Creepy Capital: Ghost Stories of Ottawa and the National Capital Region” comes to the Rideau branch of the Ottawa Public Library (377 Rideau St) onSaturday, September 10 at 1:00 pm.